Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beauty from the Earth

On Thursday, November 4th, Beauty from the Earth offered a special deal for the owner's birthday. Crystal turned 29, so in celebration, she was offering mystery gift bags that could be bought for $29, but contained more than $50 worth of BFTE products. I was allll over it - I've loved everything I've ever bought from this company, that's a GREAT deal, plus I love the idea of it being a mystery. You would have no idea what you're gonna get. It made waiting for the package even more exciting!

I just have to take a second to say how absolutely THRILLED I am about this order - I placed the order on Thursday, November 4th and recieved it today, Saturday, November 6th. 2 DAYS!!! That's unbelieveable! They shipped the order the same day I placed it. That alone made me extremely pleased. When I recieved my package, everything was presented beautifully - in a cute pink drawstring pouch and packaged up neatly and with care. I was absolutely over the moon with the shipping, customer service, packaging, and the products inside. It's stuff like this that makes me a returning customer. I've bought from them before (as you've seen in my previous posts) and I've always been happy with my orders, but this time was just the epitome of what you would want from a company. I don't think I've ever been so pleased with an order from any company, EVER.

So ON TO THE GOODIES! I got a buttload of stuff and opening the package was literally like Christmas.
I recieved 4 free samples, 5 full sized mineral shadows, 1 full sized mineral blush, a set of Red Cherry lashes, and a mini brush set. I was SO happy to see that everything was full sized - for some reason, I was expecting a lot of samples. I was pleasantly surpsied. One thing I was worried about, as I was opening the package and saw the full shadows, was that I might get a color that I already have. But, I didn't! Everything was new to me, even the samples. So awesome!





Look at all the goooodies! I could barely contain my excitement as I was pulling things out of the package. As I was going through everything (in depth, like swatching), I was surprised to find that there was not ONE thing I didn't like. I have my favorites and least favorites, but I was definitley not disappointed by anything!

I'm going to try to cut this into sections to keep it organized - there's so many things to talk about, I want to try to save it from being too confusing. I'll work my way up to the fun stuff. ;]

I'll start with the lashes, they're easy enough.

Red Cherry 112

They are GIGANTIC! This is my first pair of Red Cherry lashes so I'm psyched to try them out.

*


I recieved a travel sized brush set. It came in a really nice faux leather case, and it contained 5 brushes - a powder/blush brush, an eyeshadow brush, a concealer brush, an angled brush, and a lash/eyebrow brush.






^Size reference - they're tiny!

Powder Brush



Eyeshadow brush


Concealer Brush



^Size difference between concealer brush (left) and eyeshadow brush (right).

Angled Brush



Eyelash/Eyebrow Brush




I think the set is extremely cute and handy. I don't, however, think the brushes are of good quality. They're synthetic and not very soft, sometimes even scratchy. The powder brush is a very strange size and shape. It's almost tapered and I feel like it would apply blush very unevenly. I think it would be best with a light blush, or highlight. Or if you just need to touch up powder on your T-zone or other small areas. It's definitely not big enough for all over coverage and it's too... sharp, almost, for blush. The eyeshadow brush is extremely stiff, and I would find this a best fit for using eyeshadows wet. It can obviously be used for either wet/dry, but it's SO stiff that it would be a bit harsh on pressed shadows, and it wouldn't spread the soft product evenly. The concealer brush is one of the better brushes, it's small and stiff and would do a fine job of concealing. The angled brush is also one of the better brushes. It's a good shape and size, and stiff enough for applying shadow as a liner. The eyelash/eyebrow brush is just the standard, cheap brush that they all are, haha. Overall, even though they aren't the best quality, they are sufficient for when you need a small touch up when you're out. They're a perfect fit for your purse (which is where I'll be keeping mine).

*



I recieved four samples - Big Ego, Wizard's Wand, Big Island, and Pineapple.



Big Ego



Dry/wet. No base.

This comes out a little on the blue side on camera, but it's a very deep purple with a somewhat black base.

Wizard's Wand



Dry/wet. No base.

The first thing this reminds me of is MAC's Satin Taupe. I do have it so I'll eventually have to swatch them side by side, but at first glance, this looks just like it.

Big Island



Dry/wet. No base.

The camera COULD NOT capture the beauty of this eyeshadow. It's SO glittery and amazing and unique, I've never seen a color like this before in my life. I included a blurry picture so you could at least get an idea of the glitter that this eyeshadow contained. It has blue, orange, pink, and yellow glitter in it - I've seriously never seen an eyeshadow like this before. This is definitely my favorite of the bunch and I will most definitely be purchasing a full sized jar of this one!

Pineapple


Dry/wet. No base.

This was a really interesting color. It looks matte in the pouch - no shimmer, no glitter, no nothing. When I swatched it dry, I saw some glitters buried in there, but not enough to make an appearance. When I swatched it wet, it transformed into a beautiful satin/frosty color. I don't really know how to explain it, but I like it!

*


I also recieved a full sized mineral blush in Love Child.




It's quite a bit bigger than the eyeshadow pots,

^Size reference. Left, blush. Right, eyeshadow. Hiii camera! Haha.





It photographs peachy, but in real life it's actually a dusty rose color with a beautiful sheen to it. I really love this color and I'm SO excited to try it on.

*


Now, to the most exciting part. 5 full sized eyeshadows! I recieved Paris, Passion, Mayan, Limeade, and Unicorn.

Paris






This shade has a lot of beautiful blue glitter in it that's hard to capture on camera, but it's there!

Passion






This has a blue duochrome to it that makes it really interesting. It goes from baby pink to sky blue. It's definitely unique.

Mayan






This, to me, looks like Pineapple but with a heavy sheen to it.

Limeade






Very similar to Green Apple, but it's a little more yellow toned, and has a LOT of silver glitter in it.

Unicorn






This is really interesting - it's like a gunmetal/dusty purple/taupe color all in one, with some nice glitter in it. Make sure to take notice of the warning on the back that says it's not for use on the lips. Looking for warnings like these is very important, especially when it comes to loose minerals, because they're not just useable for the eyes. You can mix them with clear nailpolish, clear lipgloss, use them as blush, in your hairspray, lots of things. So this particular one shouldn't be mixed into lipgloss or patted on top of lips.


Overall, I love everything, down to the samples. I was MORE than pleased with how everything was handled and send to me. The price wasn't bad either - $29 for the package, and $4 for shipping. And when the shipping is 2 days, that's a STEAL. I did decide, though, to do some math. The claim when BFTE was advertising these goodie bags, was that you would pay $29 dollars for the mystery bag and would get $50+ worth of product. Did I really get $50+ worth of product in my package?

Well according to their website:
Full size eyeshadows = $6 each. $6 x 5 = $30.
Full size blush = $10
Pair of Red Cherry Lashes = $2
Mini Brush Kit = $9.99

So, $30 + $10 + $2 + $9.99 = $51.99.

So they juuust kept their promise. ;] But, the point is, it's still kept. That's extremely important! I ended up saving $18.99 (I included shipping because if I had bought $51.99 worth of product myself, shipping would have been free) which is awesome! Almost 20 bucks!

I'm so thrilled with my purchase and it was definitely worth the $33 to buy. I got great products, amazing customer service, and lightnening fast shipping. I would recommend this company to absolutely anyone, especially after my experience this time.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with any looks yet, but expect some soon! :]

If you want to check out Beauty from the Earth, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice little deal! Big Ego and Unicorn look gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even choose a favorite ~ they ALL look incredibly beautiful!! That was a sweet deal you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a totally good deal! The owner said that she will more than likely be doing similar deals in the future so we should be on the lookout for those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's TKB? I definitely love BFTE and it's already super cheap, sooo no thanks.

    ReplyDelete