Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beauty from the Earth

I've heard of Beauty from the Earth for a long time. The first time I ever heard of it was from Leesha, xsparkage, when she used them frequently (more in her older videos). I never really gave it much thought.

I don't remember how I ended up following them on Twitter but I have for a while, and recently they had a special where they sent you 2 free samples if you pay $0.50 for shipping. I jumped on it. I've always wanted to try them, but I didn't want to dish out any money if I wasn't sure I would like the product. That's the gripe with companies that are exculsively online, so this was an awesome opportunity to try them out.

Shipping was kinda slow - although I always get boggled when I place orders on a Saturday, because there's no mail circulation on Sunday (which I think is STUPID but that's entirely another issue haha). I recieved a little envelope with my name and address handwritten on it (which I thought was a cute, personal touch - not to mention, the handwriting was BEAUTIFUL). Inside were two little baggies (that look kinda like... you know... those baggies ;] hahaha) filled about 1/8 full of mineral product. The two colors I recieved were Illusion (a deep sea blue/green) and Envy (bright lime green).

I immediately went into my room, grabbed a brush and some Fix+, and applied one color on each lid wet - and that was all she wrote. I was IN LOVE. They were extremely bright and pigmented, applied like a dream, and unique.

Later that week I made my first full purchase from Beauty from the Earth. I loved Illusion so much, I got a sample size. I looked through the site and searched the internet for some quality swatches. I came across a swatch of Wildfire (a bright yet light orange with glitter) and really liked it, so I got a sample of that as well. I checked out their Color of the Week, which is a special they have every week - one full sized color for a sample size cost. The color of the week happened to be Isis (a deep cranberry) and I thought it was beautiful, so I added that to my cart as well.

The best part? My entire purchase (INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!) was only $10. Are you kidding me? Ten dollars for 3 high quality mineral products? I can't even stand it, it's so freakin' awesome. The sample size jars are $2 each, plus the $2 color of the week... $6 for three colors! Plus the $4 shipping, it was absolutely nothing.

I recieved my package and with it I got another free sample of Grape (royal purple) and I love that one too - of course.

I am EXTREMELY pleased with this company and they have absolutely made a returning customer out of me. I suggest you check them out and take advantage of their specials such as Color of the Week. They are a fantastic company with great products and I plan on making another purchase very soon.



I was playing around with makeup tonight and decided to play with my BFTE minerals. I did a different look on each eye.

Right eye:
- Isis (wet on lid, and dry lower lashline)
- Wildfire (wet/dry in crease, dry lower lashline)
- MAC Vanilla pigment (highlight)
- L'Oreal HIP liner in Black
- Stila Kajal in Black (waterline)
- MAC Zoomlash mascara



Left Eye:
- Illusion (wet on lid)
- Envy (wet in crease)
- Grape (wet lower lashline)
- MAC Vanilla pigment (highlight)
- Stila Kajal in Black (waterline)
- MAC Zoomlash Mascara



Lips:
- MAC Show Orchid lipstick




If you want to check them out, here is their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment